What some women do in their "spare time" while raising 5 kids, has taken me 2 years of bashful procrastination to start. So, here goes.
Here's a few reasons why it's taken me so long:
1. I don't want it to be horrible.
2. I wanted to think of a good name (after this long, this is as good as it's gonna get).
3. I don't know when I'll actually write.
4. I'm not exactly sure how honest I want to be with you... still working that out.
5. I am scared of what you may learn of me and what I may learn about myself.
But I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be doing this. I've put it off for so long. I've been so scared of it. And since I JUST told you and your brother that sometimes it's good to start new things that scare you - I figured I'd listen to my own advice.
So here you have it.
Daughter, this is for you.
For better and for worse, I want you to know me ... in case you don't get a chance to know me when you're older.
I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment